Ethos & values
Introduction from our Executive Headteacher
At Norham High School we believe in offering all our pupils the highest quality education in a safe, happy and caring environment. Every individual is a valued member of the school community and is given access to a wide range of learning opportunities. We have high expectations of ourselves and our pupils and we want every pupil to develop their talents and to succeed.
We believe that all of our pupils from all backgrounds and of all abilities should have access to:
• High quality teaching to enable pupils to achieve their potential
• Excellent pastoral care and support for all pupils
• An exciting curriculum that supports pupils in raising their aspirations and achieving success
• A wide range of extra curricular activities that will engage, motivate and excite pupils
• Strong partnerships with other schools, business and industry, post 16 providers and the local community
All of our pupils can and should become capable, committed, caring, creative adults who leave their world, their country, their community and their family much better than they found them. We believe this is possible for every one of our pupils.
Our exam results are improving rapidly and not one pupil left without qualifications this year. We want the very best and want our pupils to aspire to be the very best. We know with your support we can achieve this for all the young people who make up our school community.
Our three way partnership between the pupil, school and home has proven crucial to supporting pupils to achieve success and we encourage regular contact, both formal and informal, throughout the year.
We are very proud of our school and we hope these pages will show you why. If you would like to know more you are most welcome to visit us on our open days or to contact us to make an appointment.